I trust you’re all ready and eager for the Brooklyn Half on Saturday! I’ve received an email from NYRR about the race, offering some advice and timing information. I’ve provided some of the basics below:
- Dress for wet weather. We will collect all discarded clothing and shoe coverings at the start and will provide heat sheets to all finishers at Coney Island.
- Take time now to make your travel plans for race day and read about race-day essentials. Please take public transportation to the start and check MTA’s The Weekender and the PATH’s alerts and advisories for the latest mass transit updates. There is no parking at the start.
- On race morning, please do not wait inside the subway stations near the start. This will create congestion for other runners arriving on trains behind you.
- Please note that umbrellas are prohibited in the corrals and anywhere on the course. You will not be able to bring an umbrella through security screening or run with an umbrella. Review the list of prohibited items in our Rules of Competition.
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to your wave start, allowing time to clear security checks and drop off your bag, if necessary.
To read even more information, click here!