The Brooklyn mile is fast approaching! In fact, it’s this weekend! There’s no time to delay. If you want to engage in a fun and exhilarating race with plenty of like-minded individuals looking for a great experience, make sure to register as soon as possible!
Both the Men’s and Women’s Open waves are filling up quickly, so hurry!
Hope to see you all there!
Here’s a link to register: Register Here.
I trust you’re all ready and eager for the Brooklyn Half on Saturday! I’ve received an email from NYRR about the race, offering some advice and timing information. I’ve provided some of the basics below:
- Dress for wet weather. We will collect all discarded clothing and shoe coverings at the start and will provide heat sheets to all finishers at Coney Island.
- Take time now to make your travel plans for race day and read about race-day essentials. Please take public transportation to the start and check MTA’s The Weekender and the PATH’s alerts and advisories for the latest mass transit updates. There is no parking at the start.
- On race morning, please do not wait inside the subway stations near the start. This will create congestion for other runners arriving on trains behind you.
- Please note that umbrellas are prohibited in the corrals and anywhere on the course. You will not be able to bring an umbrella through security screening or run with an umbrella. Review the list of prohibited items in our Rules of Competition.
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to your wave start, allowing time to clear security checks and drop off your bag, if necessary.
To read even more information, click here!
Registration for the 2018 Popular Brooklyn Half has opened. If you’re looking for an opportunity to flex your running muscles and to meet some great new people, make sure to register now!
To register, and for more information, click here.
New York Road Runners and New Balance have joined forces to bring you some of the best looking, and performing, running shoes you could ever want. The new series of shoes are specifically designed to allow you to represent your New York City borough with style. The series boasts a host of colors for each borough, Brooklyn red, Manhattan yellow, Bronx teal, Staten Island blue and orange, and Queens purple. The series also features matching shirts and hats.
Are you ready to represent your borough at any one of New York’s upcoming events? For more information or to purchase your own pair, click here!
For anybody in Brooklyn who is looking to get a tremendous workout and have a great time, make sure to sign up for the Brooklyn Mile, a mile-long road race whose proceeds go to Girls on the Run NYC. For more information and to sign up, click here!